Monday, August 30, 2010

The Good Lord Gave Us Mountains So We Could Learn How To Climb...

Successful geocache find :-D
   As always life is never boring in the Goers household. Be it hiking, go-karts, mini-golf, geocaching, or just regular everyday conversation it has its share of challenges and adventures. This past weekend my parents took me and Jemi out to hike Adam's Canyon. Now Adam's Canyon is rated at a level 4 out of 5 for public hiking trails with its 1,200ft elevation gain, 3.5 mile length and rocky terrain, but it's worth it to get to the 40ft waterfall at the end. We got up relatively early and packed snacks, water bottles and the gps so we could start out before it got too hot. I had grabbed some geocache coordinates before we left the house and found a cache just about .3 miles up the trail, my second find all by myself. As we headed into the woods it was incredible to see the different rock outcroppings and just the beauty of the area that I now live in.
That's me at the top waving :)
    As we hiked we came across this spot where across the stream there was one of many 200ft or so high rock outcroppings and my mom said (and I quote) "If you crossed over there you could probably climb it". I wasn't originally planning on climbing anything, but I crossed the creek and checked it out. After that I'm not quite sure what happened, but my first thought was something like "I think I could climb that", so up I went, without a harness. It beyond freaked out mom, who was down at the bottom with dad and Jemi taking pictures. When I got to the top the view was breathtaking. It looked down to another canyon on the other side and everything looked so small from so high. As I climbed down it just boggled my mind how I could ever doubt God. The God who created all of this, and yet was intimately involved with the design of every little detail. When Genesis 1:1 says that God created the Heavens and the earth it means He literally hand designed everything and when He spoke it came to be! I don't know about you, but to me that is incredible, I certainly have never spoke and had something appear! So some food for thought... How Big is your God?

No comments:

Post a Comment