Friday, August 27, 2010

I Will Build For All Time, A House of Memories...

    So, I was itching to watch some of my family's home videos last night. The only problem is that they were in a rather heavy and bulky box on the very top shelf in the garage. After moving the car and with added help from mom and a step stool the box finally made it into the house. After digging through piles of videos I found some of the more worn tapes that are full of our particularly favorite memories. As I've watched me and my siblings go from babies to bigger kids, laughed, cried, rewound to watch something over, and been reminded of things I had forgotten I fell upon the tape of us doing a Patch the Pirate play with our home-school group. I was a whole whopping 10 years old and it was my first speaking part ever! I played Sissy Seagull and had all of the big words (imagine that), but at the very end of the play I had some of the most important lines about following God.
Me at the age of 3


    Throughout all of the movies of us singing and dancing on the coffee table, to plays and public presentations what impressed me the most was what it means to have faith like a child. We sang about Jesus, talked about Jesus, and believed whatever we were told, because it was Jesus, how could it be wrong? Why can't I have that same faith now that I am older? Why does every little thing have to be metaphorical, or an analogy, or have every little detail explained, why can't I just take things for face value like I did when I was a kid? Just something to think about.


Faith Like A Child - Jars Of Clay

Dear God, surround me as I speak,/the bridges I walk across are weak/ Frustrations fill the void that I can solely bear/ Dear God, don't let me fall apart,/ you've held me close to you /I have turned away searched for answers I can't understand

Chorus: They say that I can move the mountains/ and send them crashing into the sea/ They say that I can walk on water/ if I would follow and believe/ with faith like a child.

Sometimes, when I feel miles away/ and my eyes can't see your face/ I wonder if I've grown to lose the recklessness/ I walked in light of you.

(Chorus)

[Little Girl:] "I've got joy like a fountain!"/ "Be kind one to others"/ "In Jesus Christ Your son"

They say that love can heal the broken/ They say that hope can make you see/ They say that faith kind find a Savior/ If you would follow and believe/ with faith like a child

Luke 18:17 - Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God Like a child will not enter it at all.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo. That is how a remember you. You and Sammy loved to dance and were always smiling.
    As we grow up we eat more and more from that tree of the knowledge of good and evil whether we mean to or not. It challenges us to make our faith active and our roots deeper than when we were just little children. That is not all bad.

    ReplyDelete