Friday, February 4, 2011

Somewhere Over The Rainbow... Dreams Come True

    There's a storm raging on one side, yet somewhere the sun is out and happens to be in just the right spot for the rays that are shining through the storm to create a rainbow. A beautiful arc of every color in the spectrum appears in the sky, in the midst of what appears to just be another rain storm. People everywhere stop what they are doing to look at it, cameras appear, but no camera can capture a rainbow in it's true vibrancy, you have to really see it to appreciate it.
    The same thing happens in our own lives. The storms of trials and plans not going as we wish tend to "rain on our parades" as we like to put it. But behind those clouds the sun is shining and when it pokes through, you see only the blessings that the 2 put together can bring.
    As a lot of you know the past 6 months have been a storm for me. I don't see the need to repeat things in the entry, but feel free to browse the older posts. Through this storm I have always known that the Son of God has been on the other side of the clouds, and when I have taken the time to stop looking at the rain and thunder I have seen the rays poke through here and there. Over the past two days the rainbow has appeared. A big bright rainbow full of hope.
    On Wednesday I had the pleasure of going over to Heritage Ranch and Stallion Station to spend a couple hours riding with Marty Simper of Marty Simper Show Horses. After 3 and a half years of re-schooling lesson horses it felt so good to be on a horse that I could "just let jog" around the arena. The people at the farm were all very pleasant and I really enjoyed my time there. Before I left Marty asked me about the possibility of working for him riding horses and doing showmanship training. He asked me "What do you want to be when you grow up?" as we were un-tacking our last horses and I wasn't sure if it was a trick question. I told him about my wanting to merge training and vet tech work, I'm just not sure how.
    Yesterday I had an all day working interview at Mountain Horse Medical Center. The majority of the day was spent with their head technician learning my way around, how things are done, where things are, who everybody is, and treating a surgical colic patient. All of the veterinarians were great to work with, and I enjoyed my time there, but I'm not yet sure if it is where I am supposed to be.
    Put it all together and there is a lot on my mind today. I am going back to the clinic on Monday to be present for a surgical procedure and to spend more time with the veterinarians, Marty is waiting to hear back from me about scheduling, and I have to make some serious decisions.
    Most people just ask me "who pays more?" and thinks it is the answer to everything. If it was that simple I would have gone back to Mississippi to work for Tom McBeath a long time ago.
    My dream has always been to be able to ride and show, but also tech. So over the rainbow dreams do come true.
 
Proverbs 12:25 - Anxiety in a man's heart weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad.

Philippians 4:4-7 - Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful, Katie! I'm so glad God is showing you the rainbow now, after all the stormy weather. I'm praying for you to make the right decision.

    Christina Brock

    ReplyDelete