Wednesday, September 3, 2014

All I Have is What God Gives...

At My First FCA Promotional Event in April
Dear Friends and Family,

Many changes have happened at Utah FCA this summer, and I am writing to update you on the situation.

From our director:

“I am announcing my resignation as FCA Utah Director effective August 2014. The last two years of ministry have been very successful in helping athletes and coaches pursue God in Utah. However, as the ministry side has grown, it has been challenging raising funds and therefore I am stepping down as director. I would hope and pray that you’re financial support would continue, so we can continue the work we have started. I pray that Utah FCA and God’s Kingdom will move forward.”
Blessings, Bill Schorr

As for myself, after several weeks of prayer and seeking the counsel of others I am writing to announce my intention to resign from the position of Utah Field Staff. As I wrestled with this decision the Lord placed Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 " There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." upon my heart. With much prayer, thought, and Godly counsel I was still unsure as to which season I was supposed to be in in my life; whether to continue on, or to step into a new season. Today He gave me an answer through Psalms 117:1 "Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain that build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchmen keep awake in vain.". I can't force FCA to flourish here, I can't force the support to come in or for the people to appear to sponsor huddles, and I can't argue with God about staying on staff.

I feel it is important for you to know that I had been wrestling with this decision before Bill had even mentioned the possibility of his resignation. I do not see my leaving as "throwing in the towel" or giving up, but following God's leading into the many changes that have happened in my life this summer. I have been blessed to be a part of the ministry for the short time I was able, and I will continue to support the vision and mission of FCA not only as a community member, but an athlete myself.

Thank you all for your prayers, encouragement, and financial support over these last several months. I ask for your continued prayer as I step into whatever God has in store for me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment