Friday, September 3, 2010

'Cause He Knew The Price That Love Requires And He Laid Down His Own Desires...

    Wow, just earlier tonight I was struggling with a lack of purpose, a lack of passion, a lack of a reason to do basically anything, and then things changed. I took a blanket, my Bible and my journal along with my trusty book light (thank you dad) to the backyard to stare at the stars (one of my favorite pass times) and enjoy some much needed quiet time. After I was out back for about 20 minutes there was a noise between our house and the neighbor's empty house, I assumed it was the loose black lab that has been wandering around and thought nothing of it until I heard voices at the back fence.
Me with my His Way Home sisters at FCA
    I thought nothing of it until I heard a girl crying. Her name is Emily (from what I picked up of the conversation) and she was miserable. She was talking to one of her friends about how her dad doesn't realize how hard it has been growing up without him... he is in prison and she has hardly ever seen him. Her mom doesn't seem to really care and Emily is on drugs to help with her thoughts of suicide. There were several other issues, but those were the main ones that I over-heard from my spot in the backyard.
    It brought me to tears to hear these girls, who couldn't be much older than middle-school, talk about these things. Emily's friend wasn't much of a consolation and I wanted so badly just to give her a hug and talk to her and share the hope and un-dying love of Christ with this child of His. It reminded me of so many of the girls I worked with and talked with at French Camp Academy last year. Before this all came about tonight I had been praying that God would at least crack a door open for me, give me a hint of where I need to go. So for the past 2 hours I have been re-searching Girl's Ranches here in UT, most of them are about 4+ hours from where my parents live. I still think I will end up back in French Camp at some point in the future, but maybe God just intended that as a training ground to do something out here.

Psalms 16:11 - You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

Sometimes Love - Chris Rice

Is your world spinning backwards?/ What has brought about this change?/ Can't you see that people aren't the same?

I wish I were dreamin and could wake from my sleep/ and find us all the way we used to be.

Cause the love that used to be is dyin/ Is anybody even tryin?/ and I don't know how, I don't know why/ but somethin in my soul is cryin.

(Chorus)
Sometimes love has to drive a nail into its own hand/ sometimes love has to drive a nail into its own hand.

One pair of hands broke some break and washed some feet/ opened eyes and soothed an angry soul/ belong to a man who could see our deepest need/ and showed us love the way it has to be.

Cause he knew the price that love requires/ and he laid down his own desires/ he stretched out his hands to save his friends/ and said "no other love is higher"

(Repeat Chorus)

Love can change us/ love can make a way/ Only Jesus' love can change us/ love can make a way

Sometimes love has to drive a nail into its own hand

No comments:

Post a Comment