Sunday, September 16, 2012

All Creatures Of Our God and King...

A rainbow I saw from my backyard
Sunrises, the stars on a clear night, thunderstorms, rainbows, snowflakes, birds, foals, eyes... just a few of the things that put me in awe of the One who created them. As we transition to fall, and will soon have snow in the mountains here in UT, I am continually reminded of God's hand in the world around me. Driving to work this past week we had a glorious rainbow, we haven't had one all summer due to the drought, and just seeing it as I drove brought tears to my eyes as I heard in my heart "I have it all under control". He speaks through everything around me, be it my niece's giggles and curiosity, or the amazing way he created the horses that I treat and work with on a daily basis, or the sky that He paints in majestic colors every morning and every night, He is always there.

Recently I have been seeing reminders of how powerful, and yet how loving, He is to me. His amazing power in a thunderstorm, His knowledge and care in how He created every living thing to be just so, His compassion in a rainbow, His faithfulness in the sunrise every morning. When I'm attentive to things He created I hear His voice like He is speaking directly to me. David got it right when he said "The heavens declare the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge." (Psalms 19:1-3) If I simply listen in my heart to what I can see with my eyes then my reverence and awe and worship of the God that created them would be more from my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment