Thursday, August 16, 2012

Open The Eyes Of My Heart...

Romans 11:33-36 Oh, the depth of the riches both of wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgements and unfathomable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has become His counselor? Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings to search it out.

Please tell me I am not the only person out there who has been tempted to flip to the last chapter/page of a book because I want to know what happens before I have actually read the whole story. It my head it sounds like a great plan at first, but once it is done it spoils the excitement of the rest of the story because I already know the end result. In my life I find myself wanting to do the same, but at least in life I can't hop in a time machine and skip ahead!

Life in general has gone through some major changes in the past month or so, and part of me is wanting to know what effect they have on my future and part of me is seeing how my past has laid the groundwork for what is happening now, and it is quite exciting! If you have been reading my blog you know I have gone through some relationship changes recently, and I can see the good in that already. One of the more exciting changes that is just unfolding this week is an offer for a full time position with the vet clinic I have been working with! As of the week I will be starting full time it will have been 4 years since I was a full time technician, and it feels way longer than that!

Through the past year and a half of working for Marty Simper Show Horses God has been laying the groundwork and making the connections for me to be a success at the clinic, even when I didn't see or understand what was going on. There were many stressful days of financial pressure, family pressure, and hard decisions of having to miss out on things because I simply couldn't afford them, but through it all God was working behind the scenes. If I hadn't been working for Marty I would have never met our ranch manager or our farrier, who both recommended me to the clinic and even handed in my initial resume for me! Through that time God has given me the time to invest into our youth riders as well as those I work with at the barn, and for that I am extremely thankful. Through the tough financial decisions He has taught me how to keep my priorities in check and how to give and tithe even when money is tight.

I am blessed to serve a faithful God who is in control of everything and knows the desires of my heart even better than I do! Because if I had skipped to the end and things had come out how I thought I had wanted them my life would be very different than it is right now, and apparently that is not where God wants me. So all in all, this week has been a reminder to me of how much God really does know what He is doing, and how when I don't understand I just simply need to search it out and ask Him, then lay it at His feet for Him to handle... because His is God and I certainly am not! (And I'm sure all of you are glad for that!). Seek God first my friends, He will tell you where He wants you, and you will reap His reward.

Matthew 6:28-33 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow, they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothes himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not mush more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear for clothing?" for the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things, for you heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment